If you want to find out about the historic events in the oldest part of Barcelona don't miss this walking tour which will reveal the most splendid period of the Catalan capital and its culture which can still be seen today. Every step of the tour is full of history, charm and magic.
This guided tour will explain every detail about the history of Barcelona from Roman times to the medieval period
while you walk through the Gothic Quarter, which has a charm all of its own with its narrow, cobbled streets, wrought-iron street lamps and buildings that comprise hidden corners you can lose yourself in. Even a stroll through its squares has gloomy associations because the ancient parish cemeteries lie underneath.
The walk begins next to Barcelona Cathedral
, built in different artistic styles, you'll visit it's cloister
. Next to the important surviving sections of the Roman walls. To end the tour, close to the Cathedral, the plaça del Rei, a unique site and the historic centre of power during the reign of the Catalan counts and monarchs. Beneath the square lie the remains of the Roman city of Barcino
and the remains of the medieval city (Saló del Tinell, Capella de Santa Àgata or Mirador del Rei Martí), above it.
A route that will make you feel you have travelled back in time
when you get home.What does your Barcelona Walking Tours Gòtic booking include?
- Two-hour tour led by a professional guide.
- Wireless tour guide system designed to aid communication between participants and the guide.
- Visit to the Cathedral's cloister.
: from Monday to Sunday, at 10am English. Monday and Saturday, at 3pm Spanish.Languages
: English or Spanish.Closed
: 1/1, 6/1, 25/12, 26/12.Length
: 2 hours.Meeting point
: Barcelona's Cathedral Tourist information, Pla de la Seu s/n. Metro: L5, Jaume I. Bus: 47, V15 and V17.
- Departures guaranteed. Places are limited.
- Please, arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before the tour commences.
- Appropriate clothing is required when visiting the cathedral and churches.
- Free for under 12s. All children must be accompanied by an adult.