What is in between architecture? History, culture and city as public and complex phenomenon.
Architour, an office of architects, has this philosophy. Routes are therefore an immersion in the city in order to induce travelers and partakers to questioning and feedback.
The new Barcelona
contrasts radical contemporary architecture with the vibrant factory heritage of the area once known as the "Catalan Manchester": the paradigm of Barcelona's industrial textile revolution and ferment of a new sociology, the Catalan bourgeoisie. This trip through 22@, the district of knowledge, innovation and new technologies, will take you as far as the Forum, the symbolic final stretch of the iconic Diagonal Avenue, which ends at the sea. The Agbar Tower, The Media Pro Building, Me Hotel or The Telefonica Tower, among others, show a city of dazzling skyscrapers. Can Framis or Ca Aranyó Building form part of another architectural group. Patios, porches or gardens are fundamental exterior spaces that induce dialogue between industrial history and modernity. Diagonal Mar Park -an emotional and sensorial experience- and Poblenou Central Park -a dream shelter- also enrich this tour of diversity. What does your booking include?
:The new Barcelona
- 3-hour tour led by architects. Small groups.
- Tour plus coffee at the end of the tour on the terrace of a hotel in the Forum district with panoramic views of the city. Where we'll discuss the buildings and draw conclusions
- Complete book about the route, with an information sheet, photos and bibliography.
- Travel by Tram (2 stops).
The New Barcelona
: in Catalan and Spanish: Saturday at 3pm.Length
: 3 hours.Meeting point
: Torre Glòries (under the entrance canopy) in Plaça de les Glòries. Metro: L1, Glòries stop. | Tram T5 and T6, La Farinera station, and T4, Glòries station. | Buses 7, 60, 92, 192 and H12.
- Please arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before the visit commences.
- Groups of up to 12 people only per guide/architect.
Customer services provider: ARCHITOUR
This product does not have a specific collection point. Consult the characteristics in the section "Details".