Visit Caves Codorníu and take a journey back in time to the origins and culture of cava while you enjoy a unique experience and discover a jewel of Catalan art nouveau, modernisme.
The town of Sant Sadurní, in the heart of the Alt Penedès region, is the home of Codorníu, the oldest family business in Spain and one of the oldest in the world.
Caves Codorníu were designed by the modernista architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch
(a contemporary of Gaudí
's) and awarded Historic and Artistic Landmark status in 1976.What does your booking include?
- Welcome in the Puig Room "the Cathedral of Cava".
- Modernista train ride: architectural landmark by Josep Puig Cadafalch + History and heritage of the Codorníu family + gardens of Caves Codorníu.
- Museum and main cellar: exhibition of traditional harvesting, wine-making and fermentation equipment + Interactive model of the winery + Table of aromas.
- First Cava Codorníu.
- Visit to the underground cellars: exhibition of traditional cava-making machinery + train ride through the winery.
- The presence of the Codorníu products through history.
- Tasting of two top-of-the-range cavas (wine juice for the under 18s).
Times and languages
- English: from Monday to Friday at 10am, 11.30am and 3.30pm. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays at 10am.
- Spanish: from Monday to Friday at 11am and 4.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and holidays at 11.30am.
- Catalan: Saturday, Sunday and holidays at 11am.
- French: from Monday to Friday at 3pm.
: from 1st to 6th January; 25th and 26th December.Length
: 1 hour 30 minutes, approximately.Meeting point
: Caves Codorníu. Av. Jaume de Codorníu, s/n – Sant Sadurní d'Anoia.How to get there
- By car: AP-7 or AP-2 motorways, exit 27 - Sant Sadurní d'Anoia (40km from Barcelona and 30km from Tarragona).
- By train: Rodalies (suburban rail) RENFE L4 + Taxi. From Barcelona-Sants or Barcelona-plaça Catalunya stations. Trains terminating at Vilafranca del Penedès/Sant Vicenç de Calders, alight at Sant Sadurní d'Anoia station.
- Taxis Sant Sadurní: 938 910 428.
- Hillsabus: Departure at 9am. from Barcelona (c. Urgell with c. Paris - Metro L5 Hospital Clínic stop). Departure at 11.50am. from Caves Codorníu to Sant Sadurní. Regular service Sant Sadurní - Barcelona.
- The visit is free for the under 7s. You should inform us by calling +34 932 853 832 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Customer services provider: CAVAS CODORNIU