The museum MNAC is housed in the Palau Nacional, a landmark building dating from the 1929 International Exhibition of Barcelona. It is located on Montjuïc Hill, a privileged setting which boasts unique, magnificent views of Barcelona.
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya takes visitors on an uninterrupted journey through the art of Catalonia from the 10th to the 20th centuries, with a unique collection of medieval paintings and frescos, works by great painters from the Renaissance and baroque periods, the best of Gaudí and Catalan art nouveau, modernisme
, the art of the Spanish Civil War and the 20th-century avant-gardes.
A visit to the 360º rooftop viewing point, with its panoramic views of the city, is the perfect way to round off your visit.What does your booking include?
Buy it now and get access until December 2021!
- General admission: access to the permanent collections, temporary exhibitions and the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona.
- Address: Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuïc.
- Town: 08038 Barcelona.
- Phone: 936 220 376
- Web site: www.museunacional.cat
- How to get there: metro L1 and L3 plaça Espanya stop.| Bus: 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, D20, H12 and V7.| Trains FGC: plaça Espanya stop.
- Opening times:
- From October 1st to April 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.
- From May 2nd to September 30th, Wednesday to Sunday, from 10am to 8pm. January 1st, May 1st and December 25th closed. Saturdays from 3pm, first Sunday of every month, 11/9 and 24/9, free entrance.
- Ticket valid for 2 days (during 1 month from date of purchase).
Customer services provider: MUSEU NACIONAL D'ART DE CATALUNYA