The museum MNAC is housed in the Palau Nacional, a landmark building dating from the 1929 International Exhibition of Barcelona. It is located on Montjuïc Hill, a privileged setting which boasts unique, magnificent views of Barcelona.
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya takes visitors on an uninterrupted journey through the art of Catalonia from the 10th to the 20th centuries, with a unique collection of medieval paintings and frescos, works by great painters from the Renaissance and baroque periods, the best of Gaudí and Catalan art nouveau, modernisme
, the art of the Spanish Civil War and the 20th-century avant-gardes.
A visit to the 360º rooftop viewing point, with its panoramic views of the city, is the perfect way to round off your visit.The museum’s cultural offer is complemented by a wide variety of temporary exhibitions
What does your booking include?
- Knotting the Space, Aurèlia Muñoz. From 24/10/19 to 1/4/2020: seven textile works and a collection of drawings reveal the extraordinary originality of the artist’s techniques and her poetic intensity.
- The Herrera Chapel. Church of San Giacomo degli Spagnoli, Rome. From 24/10/20 to 24/1/2021.
Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya will remain closed until further notice.
- General admission: access to the permanent collections, temporary exhibitions and the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona.
- Combined admission: access throughout the museum, to temporary exhibitions, the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona, and a tablet with a multimedia audioguide in English, Spanish, Catalan, French, Italian, Russian and Chinese.
Ticket valid for 2 days (during 1 month from date of purchase).Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya will remain closed until further notice.
- Address: Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuïc.
- Town: 08038 Barcelona.
- Phone: 936 220 376
- Web site: www.museunacional.cat
- How to get there: metro L1 and L3 plaça Espanya stop.| Bus: 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, D20, H12 and V7.| Trains FGC: plaça Espanya stop.
- Opening time:
- From October 1st to April 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.
- From May 2nd to September 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.January 1st, May 1st and December 25th closed. Saturdays from 3pm, first Sunday of every month, 11/9 and 24/9, free entrance.
- Services: Guided tours, audioguide in 8 languages, car park, shop and library. Bar and restaurants with panoramic views over the city.
Customer services provider: MUSEU NACIONAL D'ART DE CATALUNYA