At the Museu de l'Art Prohibit (Museum of Prohibited Art) you can visit the world’s first and only collection of censored and banned art, with works by Warhol, Picasso, Goya, Ai Wei Wei, Banksy, Gustav Klimt, Tania Bruguera, Miquel Barceló, Keith Haring and Robert Mapplethorpe.
It is housed in the early 20th-century, modernista-style Casa Garriga Nogués, just a minute’s walk from Passeig de Gràcia, close to the Casa Batlló and La Pedrera.
At the museum, you’ll have the opportunity to discover over 150 works that have caused a controversy and been censored and banned
around the world. They are unique pieces by acclaimed artists such as Ai Wei Wei, Picasso, Warhol, Robert Mapplethorpe
, and many more.
You’ll be able to explore the exhibition with the interactive digital guide (don’t forget to bring your headphones), which will provide additional information about the background to and repercussions of these banned artworks.
The Museu de l’Art Prohibit invites you to discuss and reflect on freedom of expression.What does your Museu de l'Art Prohibit booking include
- Admission to the museum.
- Interactive digital guide in English, Spanish and Catalan.
: from Monday to Sunday, from 10am to 8pm (last admission 19:30pm).Closed
: 1/1 and 25/12.Adress
: Museu de l'Art Prohibit. Diputació, 250. Metro: L2, L3 o L4; Passeig de Gràcia stop. Bus: 63, 67, V15, 7, 52, 54 and 714.
- Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with a voucher containing a link (pdf) where you can download your ticket to the Museu de l'Art Prohibit.
- Free admission for under 13.
- Reduced tickets for 13 to 17 year old, students and over 65 years old. Proof of age must be provided when purchasing a reduced ticket.
- Accessible for visitors with reduced mobility and wheelchair users.
Customer services provider: MUSEU DE L'ART PROHIBIT
This product does not have a specific collection point. Consult the characteristics in the section "Details".