We invite you discover the Palau de la Música Catalana, the only concert hall in the world to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was designed by the architect Domènech i Montaner as the home of the Orfeó Català choir. Funded by public donations, the Palau is one of the most iconic examples of Catalonia's architectural and musical heritage.
Tucked away among the narrow streets in the northern end of the Ribera district, you'll find a unique modernista building
, the Palau de la Música Catalana, which combines sculpture, mosaic, stained glass and wrought iron on its magnificent façade.
You can enter the building through the entrance adjacent to the foyer, a new area which provides a meeting place and is open to the public every day, or through the lobby which is flanked by two lamps characteristic of the Barcelona of the period, and is the former main entrance.
In the Orfeó Català's modernista
rehearsal room, you'll be able to watch a 15-minute audiovisual about the history of the Palau de la Música Catalana and society in the early 20th century.
The main part of the building is the concert hall, with its harmonious proportions, sumptuous décor and vast central skylight which fills the space with light. You'll have the unique opportunity to walk on the stage
and see the auditorium through the eyes of the performers.
To end your tour, you'll visit the Sala Lluís Millet, which is named after the founder of the Orfeó Català. Its huge stained glass window reveals the row of columns on the balcony of the façade.What does your booking include?:
According to the chosen option:
- Guided Tour: tour of the different areas inside the Palau de la Música Catalana.
- Self-Guided Tour: tour of the different areas inside the Palau de la Música Catalana with downloadable audio guide on your mobile device.
- Live Piano tour: tour of the different areas inside the Palau de la Música Catalana with downloadable audio guide on your mobile device + 20-minute piano concert or similar.
- Live Organ tour: tour of the different areas inside the Palau de la Música Catalana with downloadable audio guide on your mobile device + 20-minute organ concert or similar.
Times Self-Guided Tour:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am-3.30pm.Downloadable audio guide on your mobile
: English, Catalan, Spanish and French.Length:
50 minutes.Meeting point:
c/ Palau de la Música 4-6, Barcelona. It is advisable to access through the terrace of the Palau, although it is also possible to do it through the Sant Pere més baix street. Metro L1 and L4, Urquinaona station. Bus 17, 45 and V17.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the tour commences.
- Reduced admission for students available at the ticket office.
- Free entrance under 10 yeras old.
- Facilities for the visually impaired. Wheelchair accessible.
Customer services provider: PALAU DE LA MÚSICA CATALANA