If you want to know what lies behind architecture – the city, its history and culture – you'll find out on this tour.
On this tour, you'll immerse yourself in the medieval city
and learn about the textile revolution and the production of sausages and cured meats.
You'll find out how contemporary architecture retains traces of its past, from its Roman origins to the baroque and even the scars left by the Spanish Civil War.
To keep up your energy levels you'll sample the famous cured sausage, the llonganissa de Vic, washed down with a glass of wine
at a traditional shop where the sausages are produced on the premises.
You'll continue the tour with a visit to the bustling market held in one of Catalonia's most beautiful and timeless squares and then climb to the top of the bell tower to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views. From here you'll gain a better understanding of the city and its situation in the middle of a plain and draw your own conclusions about it. What does your booking include?
- Guided tour of Vic led by an architect.
- Tasting of local llonganissa sausage + glass of wine.
- Visit to the Pietà bell tower (the highest point in Vic).
- Folder containing all the information about the route with summaries, descriptions and photographs of the sights visited.
Times and Languages
- In Catalan or Spanish*: Saturday, at 10:40am.
- In English: Tuesday, at 10:40am. *The participant must confirm the language of the visit when booking.
: 3 hours.Meeting point
: arcade access to Vic Train Station (Station Square, junction with Verdaguer Street and Pare Gallisá Street). Renfe line R3.
- Please arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before the visit commences.
- Groups of up to 12 people only per guide/architect.
Customer services provider: ARCHITOUR