A bike trail awaits you close to Barcelona, in the Penedès region. You'll ride among the vines, visit a family-run winery and taste the finest wines in the region.
The Penedès region is tucked away between the big cities of Barcelona and Tarragona. Here the fertile soil has created some of the best vineyards in Catalonia
which produce some of the country's most widely acclaimed wines and cavas. We invite you to enjoy the landscape on two wheels, visit one of the most famous family-run wineries in the area, and taste some of their finest wines
. There are whites, rosés and reds made from unique grape varieties such as Xarel·lo, Macabeu and Parellada.
If you want to spend the whole day you can enjoy a delicious lunch
consisting of the finest local dishes where there'll be no shortage of poultry, xató (curly endive salad with a red pepper and almond sauce), coques enramades (sardine flatbreads), good wine and traditional cakes, such ascarquinyolis (biscotti) and bufats (almond biscuits). You'll also be able to visit another winery and taste three of its finest wines.What does your booking include?
- Bicycle trail through the vineyards in Subirats.
- Electric bike, bottle of water and helmet up.
- English-speaking guide (also Catalan/Spanish-speaking guide).
- Guided tour of the family-run wineries and tasting of their wines/cavas.
- Small groups up to 12 people.
- The full-day option also includes: lunch at a restaurant serving traditional fare, guided tour of a second winery and tasting of three of their wines.