An afternoon will give you enough time to discover the holy mountain of Montserrat with your five senses. You'll see, hear, touch and even smell the essence of a Benedictine monastery which is also a shrine to Catalan spirituality and culture located in the middle of a natural park.
Right from the start, your attention will be drawn to the uniqueness of the rocky massif of Montserrat, which consists of a series of diverse outcrops moulded by the wind and rain.
The audiovisual gallery with the interactive exhibit "Montserrat behind closed doors"
will awaken your senses and trigger your imagination. It takes you on a virtual tour of the monastery where you'll find out about the everyday life of a community of the Benedictine Order.
Inside the basilica you'll be able to touch and kiss the Black Madonna, or Moreneta, so-called because of the dark colour of her skin
. The Madonna is a polychrome Romanesque carving dating from the 12th century.
To end your tour, you'll be able to smell and taste the essence of Montserrat by sampling four typical liqueurs. Sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. All in one afternoon.What does your booking include?
- Travel in an air-conditioned bus.
- Wireless tour guide.
- Official multilingual guide (spanish/english).
- Tour of the basilica which is home to the Moreneta.
- Admission to the audiovisual exhibit "Montserrat behind closed doors".
- Tasting of four typical liqueurs from Montserrat.
- Rack Railway.
- From 1st April to 31st October: daily departures in English and Spanish, at 3pm.
- From 1st November to 31st March 2018: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday in English and Spanish, at 2.15pm.
: 4.30 hours.Meeting point
: departures from Julià Travel Terminal, Balmes 5. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe and FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 10 min.before departure time.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors to the Montserrat Monastery are not permitted to wear braces, shorts or sandals.
Customer services provider: JULIÀ TRAVEL