The city’s wax museum is located in a 19th-century landmark palazzo which stands just off the famous Rambla, and brings to life some of the most prominent figures from the history of mankind.
Situated on Barcelona’s most iconic street – La Rambla – Barcelona’s wax museum, the Museu de Cera, has undergone a complete refit, with a brand new concept and lots of new waxworks so you can enjoy iconic personalities with state-of-the-art technology and enjoy an unforgettable experience.
You’ll find more than 120 figures, in 28 interactive spaces, with new characters including big stars from the worlds of music, sport, cookery, cinema… alongside some of the historic figures that have been on display at the museum since it opened.
And you can’t leave the museum without visiting the café, the Bosc de les Fades, a unique, magical place that recreates an enchanted forest with all the details in place: trees, fountains, will o’ the wisps and other amazing creatures. And take away a memento of your visit at the museum shop, El Passatge del Temps, which will captivate you with its cutting-edge design and comfortable atmosphere, while offering an innovative take on the ancient art of origami.
The Museu de Cera is a “living” museum that is constantly evolving and adding new characters and themed areas every year.
- Address: Ptge. de la Banca, 7 (La Rambla).
- Town: 08002 Barcelona.
- Web site: www.museocerabcn.com
- How to get there: Metro: L3, stop Drassanes.| Bus: 59, D20, H14, V13 and V17.| Barcelona Bus Turístic: stop Colom-Museu Marítim.
- Opening times: Monday to Sunday, from 10:30am to 7pm (last admission at 6pm).
- Closed: 25th December.
- Services: guided tours, café and shop.
- Children under 6 free admission.
Customer services provider: MUSEU DE CERA DE BARCELONA