The city’s wax museum is located in a 19th-century landmark palazzo which stands just off the famous Rambla, and brings to life some of the most prominent figures from the history of mankind.
The Museu de Cera provides an opportunity to meet over 300 personalities, both real and fictitious, from all periods of history. Against a backdrop of authentic sets, audiovisuals and realistic sound effects, the waxworks come to life to tell us about their illustrious, and sometimes tragic lives which have crossed the threshold of time.
The Museum de Cera also has two unusual cafés. El Bosc de les Fades is a unique, magical space which recreates a haunted forest, right down to the last detail: trees, fountains, will o’ the wisps and other fantastic creatures.
The Passatge del Temps will captivate you with its cutting-edge design and comfortable atmosphere, while offering an innovative take on the ancient art of origami.
Opening in December 2020.
- Address: Ptge. de la Banca, 7 (La Rambla).
- Town: 08002 Barcelona.
- Phone: 933 172 649
- Web site: www.museocerabcn.com
- How to get there: Metro: L3 stop Drassanes.| Bus: 14, 59, 64, 91, 120, D20 and H16.| Barcelona Bus Turístic: stop Colom-Museu Marítim.
- Opening time:
- Monday to Friday, from 10am to 13.30pm and 4pm to 7.30pm. Saturday, Sunday & public holiday, from 11am to 2pm and 4.30pm to 8.30pm.
- From the 10th July to the 26th September, daily from 10am to 10pm.
- Services: Guided tours, café and shop.
Customer services provider: MUSEU DE CERA DE BARCELONA