Located in the centre of Barcelona’s historic old town, the MACBA has more than 20,000 m2 of floor space showcasing contemporary creativity. Its programme explores the visual arts, performance, dance, film, music, events and includes pioneering educational activities.
The MACBA's programme of events explores the most complex visions of contemporary art in a space that is open to the exchange of ideas and experimentation set out around a landmark cultural plaza that includes a Gothic chapel and the iconic museum building designed by Richard Meier
.Come and experiment with new ways of experiencing contemporary art
. The Touch Art space, daily tours which are included in the admission price, and the augmented reality app will make your visit a memorable experience.
After your visit we invite you to "Ravalejar!" Ask for our map of the Raval district when you buy your ticket and discover a multicultural, young and dynamic neighbourhood with a wide variety of cultural attractions, shops, bars, restaurants and entertainments.Temporary exhibitions:
Buy it now and get access until December 2020!
- A provisional history of the 90s. From 3/4 to 27/9.
- On riots, griefs and parties. Until 19/6.
- Address: Pl. dels Àngels, 1.
- Town: 08001 Barcelona.
- Phone: 934 120 810
- Web site: www.macba.es
- How to get there: Metro: L1 and L3 stop Catalunya.| Bus: 14, 59 and 91.| Trains FGC: stop Catalunya.| Barcelona Bus Turístic: stop MACBA-CCCB.
- Opening time:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 11am-7.30pm. Saturday, from 10am to 9pm (Saturday afternoon free admission). Sunday & public holidays, from 10am to 3pm. Tuesdays (except public holidays), January 1st & December 25th closed.
- Services: Daily guided tours included in the admission price, book shop, shop and library.
Customer services provider: MACBA - MUSEU D'ART CONTEMPORANI DE BARCELONA