If you want to know about the most important artistic movement of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, this guided tour is the perfect introduction to the greatness of Catalonia's home-grown art nouveau, Modernisme, which will reveal how it originated and tell you about its key figures.
Modernisme is inextricably linked to the modern history of Barcelona. This enthralling guided tour will give you an intimate glimpse of the works by such renowned architects as Gaudí
, Domènech i Montaner
and Puig i Cadafalch
through the eyes of an expert.
You'll find out a whole host of details about the history of modernisme as you wander through the magnificent "Quadrat d'Or
" heritage district which is a true architectural showcase. From here, you'll be able to admire the majestic Casa Batlló
, the amazing Pedrera
and other modernista architectural gems, including the Casa Comalat
, Palau de Quadres
and the Casa Lleó Morera
. You'll also visit the beautiful Casa Amatller
This is certainly a visit to enjoy and keep in your memory for many years to come!.What does your booking include?
- Two-hour guided tour led by professional guides
- Wireless tour guide system designed to aid communication between participants and the guide.
- Guided visit to the Casa Amatller.
- Glass of cava or soft drink on the terrace of the Casa de les Punxes
January to March:Closed
English: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 3.30pm.
April to October:
English: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 4pm.
Catalan/Spanish: Thursday at 4pm.
: 1/1, 6/1, 19/4, 1/5, 11/9, 1/11, 6/12, 25/12 and 26/12.Lenght
: 2 hours.Meeting point
: Turisme de Barcelona Tourist Information Point: pl. de Catalunya 17, basement. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe and FGC: pl. Catalunya stop.
- Tours are guaranteed. Places are limited.
- Free for the under 12s. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour commences.