The museum MNAC is housed in the Palau Nacional, a landmark building dating from the 1929 International Exhibition of Barcelona. It is located on Montjuïc Hill, a privileged setting which boasts unique, magnificent views of Barcelona.
The Museu Nacional takes visitors on an uninterrupted journey through a thousand years of Catalan art, from the 10th to the 20th centuries, through its four permanent collections: Romanesque and Gothic art, Renaissance and Baroque art, Modern art, photography, drawings, prints and posters and the Catalan Numismatic Department.Romanesque and Gothic art
. The collection of Romanesque murals is a unique patrimony both in terms of the quantity and the quality of the Romanesque paintings from church apses, reconstructed in situ. The holdings of Gothic art illustrate the splendour and the peak of Catalan territorial expansion in Mediterranean Europe at the time.Renaissance and Baroque art.
The exhibitions of Renaissance and Baroque art feature works by major international painters such as El Greco, Tiziano, Velázquez and Rubens. Modern art, photography, drawings, prints and posters and the Catalan Numismatic Department
. The museum's collection showcasing art from the late 19th to the early 20th centuries, mainly comprising exhibitions of works by Catalan artists such as Gaudí, Casas and Fortuny, covering all the artistic genres, including the Catalan Modernism style (Art Nouveau) movements of modernisme and Noucentisme and the avant-garde.
The cultural supply of the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya is completed with a rich calendar of temporary exhibitions.What does your booking include?
- General admission: access to the permanent collections.
- Combined admission: access throughout the museum, to temporary exhibitions, the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona, and a tablet with a multimedia audioguide in English, Spanish, Catalan, French, Russian and Chinese.
Ticket valid for 2 days (during 1 month from date of purchase).
- Address: Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuïc.
- Town: 08038 Barcelona.
- Phone: 936 220 376
- Web site: www.museunacional.cat
- How to get there: metro L1 and L3 stop Plaça Espanya.| Bus: 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, D20, H12 and V7.| Trains FGC: stop Plaça Espanya.| Barcelona Bus Turístic: stop MNAC.
- Opening time:
- From October 1st to April 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.
- From May 2nd to September 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.January 1st, May 1st and December 25th closed. Saturdays from 3pm and first Sunday of every month, free entrance.
- Services: Guided tours, car park, shop and library. Bar and restaurants with panoramic views over the city.
Customer services provider: MUSEU NACIONAL D'ART DE CATALUNYA