The museum MNAC is housed in the Palau Nacional, a landmark building dating from the 1929 International Exhibition of Barcelona. It is located on Montjuïc Hill, a privileged setting which boasts unique, magnificent views of Barcelona.
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya takes visitors on an uninterrupted journey through a thousand years of Catalan art from the 10th to the 20th centuries. The museum houses the world’s finest collection of Romanesque frescoes and works by the leading exponents of the Catalan art nouveau movement, modernisme, including Gaudí and Casas. The new Renaissance and baroque displays opened in January and feature works by the leading European painters of the time, including Titian, Velázquez and El Greco.
A visit to the rooftop viewing point, with its panoramic views of the city, is the perfect way to round off your visit.The museum’s cultural offer is complemented by a wide variety of temporary exhibitions
What does your booking include?
- Bartolomé Berdejo. From 16th February to 19th May 2019.
- Antoni Fabrés. From 31st May to 29th September 2019.
- General admission: access to the permanent collections, temporary exhibitions and the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona.
- Combined admission: access throughout the museum, to temporary exhibitions, the Mirador terraces with panoramic views of Barcelona, and a tablet with a multimedia audioguide in English, Spanish, Catalan, French, Italian, Russian and Chinese.
Ticket valid for 2 days (during 1 month from date of purchase).
- Address: Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuïc.
- Town: 08038 Barcelona.
- Phone: 936 220 376
- Web site: www.museunacional.cat
- How to get there: metro L1 and L3 plaça Espanya stop.| Bus: 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, D20, H12 and V7.| Trains FGC: plaça Espanya stop.
- Opening time:
- From October 1st to April 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.
- From May 2nd to September 30th, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm. Sunday and public holidays, from 10am to 3pm.January 1st, May 1st and December 25th closed. Saturdays from 3pm and first Sunday of every month, free entrance.
- Services: Guided tours, car park, shop and library. Bar and restaurants with panoramic views over the city.
Customer services provider: MUSEU NACIONAL D'ART DE CATALUNYA