CosmoCaixa is the science museum in Barcelona run by "la Caixa" Community Projects, and is designed to stimulate people?s knowledge and opinion of science through exhibitions and a wide variety of activities.
Science Museum CosmoCaixa offers its visitors a whole host of activities and permanent and temporary exhibitions to give anyone who is interested a greater insight into the world of science.
The museum’s most distinctive attractions include the new permanent exhibition “The Universe Gallery”
where visitors can learn about the cosmos and its evolution from the big bang to the present day. An interactive experience beginning with the creation of the cosmos and going on to explore the evolution of the species
and the innermost workings of the human brain.
The "Flooded Forest” recreates the ecosystem of the Amazon
inside a glass house covering an area of 1,000 m2, which is home to piranhas, crocodiles and other animal and plant species
typical of the area, and the “Geological Wall” consists of seven vast sections of genuine rock that allow us to interpret the world’s geology.
The museum building is just as fascinating as its contents. Science Museum CosmoCaixa is a beautiful example of modernista architecture, designed and built between 1904 and 1909 by Josep Domènech i Estapà. The modern extension carried out in 2004 highlighted the value of the century-old building while placing it in a new context.Temporary Exhibitions
What does your booking include?
- The colors of the world. From 15th February 2023 to 10th April 2023.
- Pixar Science. From 17th May 2023 to 3rd September 2023.
- Nanocosmos. Reality hidden from the human eye. From 8th to 25th June 2023.
- Admission to Science Museum Cosmocaixa.
- Address: Science Museum Cosmocaixa ticket office, Isaac Newton, 26.
- Town: 08022 Barcelona.
- Phone: 932 126 050
- How to get there: Bus: H2, H4 , V17, V15, V19, V13, 196 and 123.| Trains FGC: stop Av. Tibidabo + Tramvia Blau or bus 196.
- Opening time:
- Daily, from 10am to 8pm. | January 5th, December 24th and 31st, from 10am to 6pm. | Closed: January 1st and 6th and December 25th.
- Planetarium Times: from Monday to Friday, at 7pm. Session Length: 45 minutes.
- Services: car park, cafe, bookshop and shop.
- Free admission: under 16s and Caixabank customers.
Customer services provider: COSMOCAIXA BARCELONA