Take a pleasant, peaceful stroll through its streets and squares, admire its buildings and contemporary art collection, watch the craftsmen as they give shape to their works and don’t miss the audio-visual attractions. Explore the soul of a country!.
The Poble Espanyol’s renovation project continues with the opening of the Fiesta space: an impressive 150 m2 multimedia installation which will make you feel you are taking part in some of Spain’s most popular festivals and celebrations, including the Patum de Berga; La Tomatina; displays of human towers, Castells; Holy Week in Andalusia; San Fermín; and Es Jaleo. This large-format audiovisual display has been designed to complement the immersive space Feeling Spain, created so you can discover and experience the cultural diversity and wealth of the different parts of the Iberian Peninsula: the North, the Camino de Santiago, the Mediterranean, the South and the landscapes of Don Quixote.
Built in for the International Exhibition of the same year, Poble Espanyol is a recreation of 117 real-life scale buildings representing different regions of Spain. As you wander through it, you will see Spain’s extensive and varied architectural heritage, from the Andalusian quarter to the Romanesque-style monasteries of Catalonia. You will also be able to watch craftsmen making glass, leather or jewels, among other products, as they shape unique pieces with their hands. This is what makes Poble Espanyol a truly singular shopping centre in Barcelona, open 365 days a year.
You can also have the chance to admire the works of famous Spanish and universal artists. The Fran Daurel Museum houses works by Picasso, Dalí and Miró and up to 300 works exhibited
in the Sculptures Garden, a large area in which nature and art come together in harmony. See events 2019 What does your booking include?
- Entrance to the Poble Espanyol site, the Fran Daurel Museum and the Feeling Spain spaces.
- Monday: from 9am to 8pm.
- Tuesday, Wendsday, Thursday and Sunday: from 9am to midnight.
- Friday: from 9am to 3am.
- Saturday: from 9am to 4pm.
: Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 13 - Parc de Montjuïc of Barcelona. Metro L1 and L3-Espanya or FGC (Catalan railways) -Espanya + Bus 13, 23 and 150.
- Children under 4 free.
- The on-line discount doesn’t apply to admission for senior citizens (visitors aged 65 or over), family and students.
- The Poble Español is partly accessible (70% of the space) for visitors with reduced mobility.
- July 13th, Plaza Mayor (from 4pm) and Ayuntamiento de Valderobres (all day) will remain closed to the public due to a private musical event.
- 18th, 19th and 21st July, Plaza Mayor, el Monasterio y el Baluarte (from 3pm) and Ayuntamiento de Valderobres (all day) will remain closed to due to a private musical event.
- July 20th, all the venue will remain closed from 3pm due to a private musical event.
- July 26th and 28th, Plaza Mayor (from 4.30pm) and Ayuntamiento de Valderobres (all day) will remain closed due to a private musical event.
Customer services provider: EL POBLE ESPANYOL DE BARCELONA