Do you want to find out, first hand, how different varieties of wine and cava are produced? Do you want to take part in a tasting session and pair the wines with cheeses and other Catalan produce? Hop on board the wine and cava bus and pay a visit to some of the most renowned wineries in the Penedès region.
At Bodegas Jean Leon you'll take a guided tour and taste some of their wines
. At the winery they will also tell you some interesting anecdotes about its founder, Jean Leon, who was a friend and confidant of many Hollywood stars, as well as a pioneer in planting varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Chardonnay.
At Bodegas Familia Torres, you'll go on a guided tour and be invited to pair four wines with four typical Catalan cheeses
. You'll have the opportunity to find out about and sample the products from a winery that has been based in the Penedès for three centuries. Since then, the surname Torres has been inextricably linked to wine. Today, the company has more than 1,300 hectares of vines and its wines are sold in more than 140 countries around the world.
At Cavas Freixenet you'll enjoy a guided tour of the winery and be able to sample their cava with typical products from the Penedès, the country's wine-growing region par excellence
. You'll discover, first hand, the history of this family business which began producing cava in the early 20th century and now has more than 18 wineries in seven countries on three continents.
Are you ready to discover and savour the Penedès?.What does you booking include?:
- Bus from Barcelona to Bodegas Jean Leon, Bodegas Torres, Cavas Freixenet and back to Barcelona.
- English-, Catalan- and Spanish, Chinese- speaking courier and guide throughout the journey.
- Guided tour with wine tasting at Bodegas Jean Leon.
- Guided tour with pairing of wines and cheeses at Bodegas Familia Torres.
- Guided tour, snack and cava tasting at Cavas Freixenet.
- If you wish, you can purchase different products at the wineries.
: from 8.30am to 4.15pm.
- English, Catalan and Spanish: from 08/4/2019 to 10/11/2019: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- English, Catalan and Spanish: from 11/11/2019 to 29/03/2019: Thursday and Sunday.
- English, Catalan and Spanish: from 30/03/2020 to 8/11/2020: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Chinese: from 30/03/2020 to 8/11/2020: Wednesday and Sunday.
: 25/12, 26/12, 1/1 and 6/1.Languages
: English, Catalan, Chinese and Spanish.Meeting point
: plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés). Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe and FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 10 min.before departure time.
- Tours are free for under 8s.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adapted buses are available for wheelchair users. These must be pre-booked 48 hours in advance by calling 932 853 834.
Customer services provider: CATALUNYA BUS TURISTIC UTE