This Spanish-Elizabethan palazzo in the district of El Putxet houses one of the most highly prized collections of Alcora pottery, and 19th- and 20th-century drawings, paintings and sculptures. It is the former home of the art lover and collector Manuel Rocamora Vidal. Discover all its treasures!.
Manuel Rocamora was born in Barcelona in 1892. He became an avid collector at a young age, specialising in antique clothing, and brought together thousands of items now housed at the headquarters of the Fundación Cultural Privada Rocamora.
The Foundation is based at the Casa Rocamora, and showcases more than 20 collections, a library of 5,000 volumes on literature, art, music and history, and a gallery dedicated to the painter Ramon Casas
. It also houses a noteworthy collection of 18th- and 19th-century furniture displayed in different rooms, together with curious collections of advertising material, figureheads, letters and automata.
You’ll also find other unique exhibits, including the original bronze maquette for the Columbus Monument
, and Picasso’s mobile
that was on show at the famous modernista tavern, "Els Quatre Gats".What does your booking include?
Depending on the chosen option:
- Singular Night: guided visit in Catalan or Spanish + wine tasting at the garden.
- 1-hour tour of the Casa Rocamora.
- Guided visit: Saturday 12 June (10:30am Spanish, 12noon Catalan).
- Singular Nights: Thursdays in June, July and september at 7pm, in Spanish and Catalan.
: 1 hour.Meeting point
: Casa Rocamora. c/Ballester, 12. Metro: L3, Lesseps stop. FGC: Padua/Putxet station. Bus: 16, 17, 22, 27, 28, 74 and 92.
- The Casa Rocamora is partly accessible for visitors with reduced mobility.
- 0-6 years free admission.
Customer services provider: CASES SINGULARS