The Casa Amatller stands in the centre of the Catalan capital. Designed by the architect Puig i Cadafalch, together with Gaudí's Casa Batlló and Domènech i Montaner's Casa Lleó Morera, it is part of the famous "Manzana de la Discordia", or "Block of Discord". Find out why and relive the atmosphere of Barcelona's affluent, art nouveau heyday!.
The chocolate manufacturer Antoni Amatller bought a property at 101 (later 41) Passeig de Gràcia: a house with a ground floor and four upper storeys with a garden. Amatller commissioned Josep Puig i Cadafalch
to refurbish the property and that's how the story of one of the city's most iconic buildings began.
The architect's intervention gave rise to a radical transformation of the building. Puig i Cadafalch skilfully combined Catalonia's home-grown art nouveau style, modernisme, based on the use of traditional arts and crafts, with a neo-Gothic style and an unusual stepped cornice inspired by the houses of the Netherlands. Some of the finest artists of the time, including Jujol, worked with Puig i Cadafalch on the project.The house retains all its original furnishings and decoration, as well as an outstanding archaeological glass collection
. Antoni Amatller was not only a chocolatier, his chocolates are still being made today. At the end of the tour you can enjoy a chocolate gift.Enjoy Casa Amatller 125th Anniversary!What does your booking include?
Depending on the chosen option:
- Guided visit in Catalan or Spanish and a chocolate gift.
- Audio guided tour (English, Catalan, Spanish, French and Italian) of the Casa Amatller.
- Guided visit: from Monday to Sunday; 10am English, 11am Spanish and 12noon Catalan
- Audio guided visit: from Monday to Sunday; from 10am to 7pm, every 30 minutes.
: 6/1, from 8 to 14/1, 25/12 and 26/12. Meeting point
: Passeig de Gràcia, 41. Metro: L2, L3 or L4; Pg. de Gràcia stop. Buses: H10, V15, 7, 22 and 24. FGC: Provença. Renfe Rodalies: Pg. de Gràcia.
- Children under 7 free admission.
- Chairlift provided for people with reduced mobility.
- No flash photography or video photography allowed inside the building.
Customer services provider: CASA AMATLLER