If you want to enjoy Barcelona's Mediterranean coastline, here are some water-based activities you can take part in while you enjoy views of the Olympic Marina. Choose your paddle board or dynamic kayak and glide over the waves of the blue Barcelona ocean.
Barcelona's beaches are one of the city's main attractions and proudly display their blue flags which vouch for the cleanliness of the water and sand, ease of access and available amenities, among other aspects. If you want to enjoy this jewel of the Mediterranean, here are two fun water-based activities
: kayaking and paddle surfing.
Paddle surfing or paddle board is an ancient form of navigating the water that originated in Polynesia. You'll receive a brief explanation of paddle surfing techniques from a qualified instructor who will explain how you use the paddle to propel yourself along while you balance on the paddle board
. Let the waves carry you as you enjoy paddle surfing, a relaxing and fun activity.
If you prefer the safety of a vessel, you can go kayaking on the sea. Kayaking is the most adventurous form of canoeing
and one of the best ways of getting close to nature on the water. The kayak glides along gently, allowing you to enjoy the scenery at a leisurely pace and in safety. Two activities that are bound to leave you with wonderful memories of your stay in Barcelona.What does your booking include?
- One-hour practice session .
- Medical insurance and third-party insurance.
- February to April and October to December: Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 4pm.
- May to June and September: Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 7pm.
- July and August: Monday to Friday, from 5pm a 8pm. Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 7pm.
: 1 hour.Languages
: English, Catalan and Spanish.Meeting point
: Centre Municipal de Vela-CMV. Moll del Gregal, s/n - Port Olímpic (Barcelona). Metro: L4, Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica stop. Bus: 36, 41, 45, 59, 71 and 92.
- Optional service: wetsuit for adults (7,95€) .
- Recommended sports or boat shoes, and bring towel and personal hygiene utensils.
- Sportswear suitable for the time of year: in spring and summer you'll need swimwear, a T-shirt, cap and sunscreen. In autumn and winter you'll need to wear a swimwear, jacket and wetsuit depending on the weather conditions and water temperature.
- Minimum age: 6.
Customer services provider: CENTRE MUNICIPAL DE VELA / VELA BARCELONA.COM