An afternoon will give you enough time to discover the holy mountain of Montserrat with your five senses. You'll see, hear, touch and even smell the essence of a Benedictine monastery which is also a shrine to Catalan spirituality and culture located in the middle of a natural park.
Right from the start, your attention will be drawn to the uniqueness of the rocky massif of Montserrat, which consists of a series of diverse outcrops moulded by the wind and rain.
The audiovisual gallery with the interactive exhibit "Montserrat behind closed doors"
will awaken your senses and trigger your imagination. It takes you on a virtual tour of the monastery where you'll find out about the everyday life of a community of the Benedictine Order.
Inside the basilica you'll be able to touch and kiss the Black Madonna, or Moreneta, so-called because of the dark colour of her skin
. The Madonna is a polychrome Romanesque carving dating from the 12th century.
To end your tour, you'll be able to smell and taste the essence of Montserrat by sampling four typical liqueurs. Sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. All in one afternoon.What does your booking include?
- Travel in an air-conditioned bus.
- Wireless tour guide.
- Official multilingual guide (spanish/english).
- Tour of the basilica which is home to the Moreneta.
- Admission to the audiovisual exhibit "Montserrat behind closed doors".
- Tasting of four typical liqueurs from Montserrat.
- Rack Railway.
- 20% discount at Sant Joan Funicular.
- 10% discount at Buffet building of Apòstols.
- 10% discount at Montserrat Museum.
- From 1st March to 31st Mai: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in English and Spanish, at 2.15pm.
- From 1st June to 31st October: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in English and Spanish, at 3pm.
- From 1st November to 31st March 2021: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in English and Spanish, at 2.15pm.
: 11 and 24/11, 25/12,1/1 and 5/1.Length
: 4.30 hours.Meeting point
: Julià Travel Office, Estació del Nord (ground floor, in front of platform 19) c/Alí Bei 80. Metro: L1, Marina or Arc de Triomf stop. Bus: B20, B25, V21, V19 and H14. Train Rodalies Renfe: station Arc de Triomf. Tram: T4, Marina stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 15 min.before departure time.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors to the Montserrat Monastery are not permitted to wear braces, shorts or sandals.
Customer services provider: JULIÀ TRAVEL