If you like nature, spirituality and cultural tours, don't hesitate any longer: spend a morning on a tour of Montserrat. A natural park, a Benedictine monastery, a shrine to spirituality and an icon of Catalan culture. All rolled into one!
The Montserrat Massif stands just 60 km outside Barcelona in a natural park formed by a series of diverse rocky outcrops moulded by the wind and rain.
Since its foundation, the monastery at Montserrat has given shelter to pilgrims and visitors from around the world. And it still welcomes visitors every day who, like you, have travelled from Barcelona. You'll have time to visit the basilica where you'll see the image of the Virgin of Montserrat
, the "Moreneta", so-called because of the dark colour of her skin. The figure is a polychrome Romanesque carving dating from the 12th century.
If you want to explore a unique natural park, why not take a tour of the holy mountain of Montserrat?What does your Morning trip to Montserrat booking include?
- Travel in an air-conditioned bus.
- Wireless tour guide.
- Official multilingual guide (spanish/english).
- Travel on the rack railway to the top of Montserrat.
- Tour of the basilica which is home to the Moreneta.
- Tasting of four typical liqueurs.
- Admission to the "Montserrat audiovisual exhibit".