The Museum of Erotica, on Barcelona's La Rambla, was set up with the clear purpose of providing an educational and recreational centre focusing on eroticism: a classic theme in the history and culture of mankind.
The Museum of Erotica is the first museum of erotic art and culture, where we can see the development of eroticism through different artistic and cultural fields of human beings from an anthropological, archaeological and literary point of view, amongst others..
The Museum of Erotica's holdings comprise more than 800 pieces of great historical value showcasing the erotic manifestations of a wide range of cultures, from a ritualistic, religious and recreational point of view, and spanning several periods in our history, from Greece and Rome to the 1920s.
The museum also boasts a major collection of Asian art and features an exhibition of contemporary erotic art by internationally renowned artists.
- Address: La Rambla, 96 bis.
- Town: 08002 Barcelona.
- Phone: 933 189 865
- Web site: www.erotica-museum.com
- How to get there: metro L3 stop Liceu.| Bus: 14, 59 and 91.
- Opening time:
- from Wednesday to Sunday, from 10am to 3pm | December 24th, from 10am to 5pm. | January 1st, from 12pm to 12am. |
- Closed: Monday and Tuesday; 25th December.
- Languages: audioguide in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Germany and Russian.
Customer services provider: MEB - MUSEU DE L'ERÒTICA