If you want to know about the most important artistic movement of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, this guided tour is the perfect introduction to the greatness of Catalonia's home-grown art nouveau, Modernisme, which will reveal how it originated and tell you about its key figures.
Modernisme is inextricably linked to the modern history of Barcelona. This enthralling guided tour will give you an intimate glimpse of the works by such renowned architects as Gaudí
, Domènech i Montaner
and Puig i Cadafalch
through the eyes of an expert.
You'll find out a whole host of details about the history of modernisme as you wander through the magnificent "Quadrat d'Or
" heritage district which is a true architectural showcase. From here, you'll be able to admire the majestic Casa Batlló
, the amazing Pedrera
and other modernista architectural gems, including the Casa Comalat
, Palau de Quadres
and the Casa Lleó Morera
. You'll also visit the beautiful Casa Amatller
This is certainly a visit to enjoy and keep in your memory for many years to come!.What does your booking include?
WALKING TOUR MODERNISME VIRTUAL
- Two-hour guided tour led by professional guides
- Wireless tour guide system designed to aid communication between participants and the guide.
- Guided visit to the Casa Amatller.
- Glass of cava or soft drink on the terrace of the Casa de les Punxes
From now on, enjoy of your Walking Tour Modernisme from home!. Take advantage of the following benefits:Comfort
: forget those long lines and join our guide from the comfort of your home. You will be able to interact with the guide and ask all your questions from any corner of the world, like you were in Barcelona.Discover all the details
: enjoy all those details that normally would be out of sight. Thanks to new technologies you’ll be able to experience the city from a different perspective with the help of maps, photos and insights that will allow you to discover secrets and details that aren’t normally visible.Sustainability
: you will join a tour that is entirely sustainable and environmentally responsible, thus contributing directly to the well-being of both the city and the rest of the world.
Enjoy the Walking Tour Live!.
January to March:Closed
English: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 3.30pm.
April to October:
English: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 4pm.
Catalan/Spanish: Thursday at 4pm.
: 1/1, 6/1, 19/4, 1/5, 11/9, 1/11, 6/12, 25/12 and 26/12.Lenght
: 2 hours.Meeting point
: Turisme de Barcelona Tourist Information Point: pl. de Catalunya 17, basement. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe and FGC: pl. Catalunya stop.
- Tours are guaranteed. Places are limited.
- Free for the under 12s. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour commences.
:Times and Languages
- English: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; at 6pm.
- Spanish: Monday, Wednesday and Friday; at 5pm
: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- You will receive the voucher with all the instructions.
- We use Zoom to run the tour.
- You can join the tour from your Laptop, Pc, Smartphone or Tablet. In case you are using a mobile device, you will have to download the Zoom APP ahead of the tour. If you are using any desktop device, you can download Zoom Software or use the web browser.
- Join the tour using the link you will receive.
- The session will start 5 minutes before the beginning of the tour.
- Our official tour guide will interact with the tour participants and answer to all your questions.
- The best way to participate to the tour is to use both your camera and microphone. To do so, it’s better to use a device provided with both of them. o If your device doesn’t have a microphone or a camera, you can still see and listen to the guide and use the chat to interact.