The English painter, J.M.W. Turner, wasknown as the painter of light. Now, an exhibition of works by one of the founders of English watercolour landscape painting comes to Barcelona.
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, in association with the Tate Gallery in London, is hosting the exhibitionTurner. Light is Colour.
For Joseph Mallard William Turner
, the elements of nature were abstract forces, with their own symbolism and meaning. This exhibition brings together some hundred works
, from paintings and drawings to sketches and prints,and explores his fascination with meteorological and atmospheric phenomena, from the beginnings of his work, in the 1790s, to the late 1840s.
The exhibition reveals how watercolour enabled Turner to give a scientific focus to landscapes as well as a great expressive precision, which makes him unique. This exhibition confronts the viewer with a sensory experience of nature.What does your booking includes?
- Admission to the exhibitionTurner. Light is Colour.
- Admission to the exhibitionThe Heartbeat of Nature. 19th-Century Drawings from the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya Collection.
: from 20th May to 11th September.
- from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm<; Sundays and holidays, from 10am to 3pm.
: Mondays (except holidays).Meeting Point
: Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya. Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuïc. Metro: L1 and L3, plaça Espanya stop. Bus: 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, D20, H12 and V7. Trens FGC: plaça Espanya station.
- You must show your printed voucher at the Museum Ticket Office.
- Saturdays from 3pm, 1st Sunday of the month, 11/9 and 24/9, free entrance.
- Children under 16 years old and senior over 65, free.
Customer services provider: MUSEU NACIONAL D'ART DE CATALUNYA