This walking tour through the old town, Ciutat Vella, will tell you about the crimes that took place in Barcelona from the late 19th until the middle of the 20th centuries and sent shockwaves through Barcelona society.
The Barcelona Crimes walk will take you to the Gothic Quarter and the neighbourhoods of the Raval, Santa Caterina and Sant Pere, where you’ll find out about the real crimes that were committed, right out of a detective novel, while you discover the architectural heritage.
The walk is based on Mercè Balada’s book Barcelona negra. Crímenes y criminales (1890-1956). True stories about the murders and wrongdoers of the time, such as the Vampiress of the Raval and the killing of Benvingut Funes.
Pluck up your courage and delve into Barcelona’s murkiest past with Oh my guide! Barcelona.What does your booking include?
- Guided walking tour of Ciutat Vella, lasting about 2 hours.
Times and Languages
- from March to June; Saturday, from 7pm to 9:15pm in Catalan/Spanish
- from July to October; Friday, from 7pm to 9:15pm in Catalan/French. And Saturday, from 7pm to 9:15pm in English/Spanish.
: 2 hours and 15 minutes.Meeting Point
: Le Meridien Hotel. (La Rambla, 111). Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Recommended visit from 13 years old.
- Passengers must arrive at the meeting point 10 min.before departure time.
- Face masks must be worn for the full duration of the tour and the mouth and nose kept covered.
- Please observe social distancing for the full duration of the tour.
- Tours are guaranteed and will take place even if it is raining or the weather is bad.