Have fun discovering two of Catalonia's most charming medieval towns: Vic and Rupit. The trip includes travel from Barcelona and from town to town, and walking tours that will give you an interesting insight into their history. You'll also take part in a Catalan sausage-making workshop where you'll also sample an assortment of local cold cuts. If you wish, you can choose the option that includes a local menu.
The trip departs from Barcelona at 8am and arrives in Vic at 9am. Upon arrival, you'll visit the famous market, the town's main attraction that draws people from the town and its surrounding area as well as tourists. You'll have the opportunity to visit the town hall as well as the hall of paintings by the well-known artist Josep Maria Sert. From the town hall balcony you'll be able to enjoy the lovely views of the market and its colourful stalls. The tour continues with a Catalan sausage-making workshop and a tasting of typical cold cuts at Ca la Teresona and ends with a visit to the cathedral and the first floor of the Museu Episcopal, a magnificent showcase of Catalan medieval art.
Afterwards we'll travel from Vic to Rupit. The journey will take an hour and we'll arrive at 1.45pm. Once there, you'll be able to enjoy a menu of typical Catalan fare if you have chosen this option, otherwise you'll be free to make your own eating arrangements or explore the town at your own pace. The walking tour of the narrow streets of this beautiful medieval town steeped in history will take place after lunch. After the tour you'll have time to do whatever you want before returning to Barcelona.What does your booking include?
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English).
- Air-conditioned bus.
- Guided tour of Vic.
- Sausage-making workshop and tasting of typical cold cuts at Ca la Teresona.
- Guided tour of the cathedral and the first floor of the Museu Episcopal, a showcase of some of the most important works of Catalan medieval, Romanesque and Gothic art.
- Guided tour of Rupit.
- Option with lunch* or without lunch, depending on your chosen option.
- A wireless tour guide system is provided during the tour for groups of more than five people.
*Option of including lunch in Rupit. Three-course local menu (starter, main course and dessert with soft drink or house wine). If you have any food allergies or intolerances please let us know before the departure date.
: Tuesday at 8am; from 1st April to 31st October. Closed
: 23rd April, 2nd July, 9th July, 3rd September and 1st October.Languages
: 10 hours.Meeting Point
: Julià Travel office, c/ Balmes, 5. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Buses: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe (Spanish Rail local services) and FGC (Catalan Rail): Catalunya station.
- Please arrive 15 minutes beforehand.
- The tour is not recommended for vegans and vegetarians. The Catalan sausage-making workshop and tasting of cold cuts can't be replaced with other activities.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing and footwear and enjoy walking.
- Both towns have a mountain climate and, depending on the time of year, it may be cold, hot or rainy so please dress accordingly.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Customer services provider: JULIÀ TRAVEL
This product does not have a specific collection point. Consult the characteristics in the section "Details".