On this complete one-day tour, you’ll discover the village of Cardona with its medieval castle and salt mines 86 metres underground. You’ll round off the tour on Mount Montserrat where you’ll visit the monastery and the Black Madonna, the Moreneta.
Your tour commences in Cardona, where the medieval count of Barcelona, Wilfred the Hairy, ordered the construction of a military fortress: the castle and collegiate church of Sant Vicenç de Cardona.
At the medieval castle your guide will tell you about the legend of the maiden’s tower and you’ll visit the outstanding collegiate church of Sant Vicenç, a jewel of Catalan Romanesque architecture
. At the end of the tour, you’ll have brunch featuring three typical tapas of the area paired with wine and cava.
Next you’ll make your way to the Salt Mountain Culture Park where you’ll enjoy the unique experience of visiting the ancient salt mines, 86 metres underground
From Cardona we’ll head to Montserrat. You’ll ride the rack railway to the top while you enjoy breathtaking views
. At the Benedictine monastery, founded in 1205, you’ll see the Virgin of Montserrat, known locally as the Moreneta
You can also visit the audiovisual exhibit and sample the famous liqueurs made by the monks.What does your booking include?
- Travel on an air-conditioned bus.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English).
- Entry to and tour of Cardona castle.
- Brunch (3 tapas paired with wine).
- Entry to and tour of the salt mines.
- Trip on the rack railway to Montserrat.
- Entry to the audiovisual exhibit at Montserrat.
- Tasting of four liqueurs made by the monks.
: from 1/5 to 31/10; Tuesday and Thursday, at 9am. Until 31/10.Languages
: Spanish and English.Length
: 9 hours and 30min. approx.Meeting point
: Julià Travel Office. c/ Balmes, 5. Metro: L1 and L2, Universitat stop; L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 14 and 59. FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 15 min before departure time.
- Visitors to the Montserrat Monastery are not permitted to wear braces, shorts or sandals.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.