On this complete one-day tour, you’ll discover the village of Cardona with its medieval castle and salt mines 86 metres underground. You’ll round off the tour on Mount Montserrat where you’ll visit the monastery and the Black Madonna, the Moreneta.
Your tour commences in Cardona, where the medieval count of Barcelona, Wilfred the Hairy, ordered the construction of a military fortress: the castle and collegiate church of Sant Vicenç de Cardona.
At the medieval castle your guide will tell you about the legend of the maiden’s tower and you’ll visit the outstanding collegiate church of Sant Vicenç, a jewel of Catalan Romanesque architecture
. At the end of the tour, you’ll have brunch featuring three typical tapas of the area paired with wine and cava.
Next you’ll make your way to the Salt Mountain Culture Park where you’ll enjoy the unique experience of visiting the ancient salt mines, 86 metres underground
From Cardona we’ll head to Montserrat. You’ll ride the rack railway to the top while you enjoy breathtaking views
. At the Benedictine monastery, founded in 1205, you’ll see the Virgin of Montserrat, known locally as the Moreneta
You can also visit the audiovisual exhibit and sample the famous liqueurs made by the monks.What does your booking include?
- Travel on an air-conditioned bus.
- Wireless tour guide.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English).
- Entry to and tour of Cardona castle.
- Brunch includes local produce, a glass of wine and a glass of cava.
- Entry to and tour of the salt mines.
- Entry to the audiovisual exhibit at Montserrat.
- Tasting of four liqueurs made by the monks.
: from 1/4 to 31/10; Thursday and Saturday, at 9am.Languages
: Spanish and English.Length
: 9 hours and 30min. approx.Meeting point
: Julià Travel Office. c/ Balmes, 5. Metro: L1 and L2, Universitat stop; L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 14 and 59. FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 15 min before departure time.
- Visitors to the Montserrat Monastery are not permitted to wear braces, shorts or sandals.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The trip includes several visits on foot so we recommend you wear comfortable footwear and clothing.This is a mountain climate and, depending on the season of the year, you will need to wear warm or waterproof clothing.
Customer services provider: JULIÀ TRAVEL