The Parc Samà was the site of the holiday home built in 1881 by Salvador Samà Torrents, Marquis of Marianao, between Cambrils and Montbrió, set among olive trees, vines and almond trees. It is the legacy of this man Josep Fontserè Mestres who made his fortune in Cuba: a fusion of styles that is a delight for the senses.
A historic garden, a Mediterranean orchard, a poetic forest and a palazzo steeped in melancholy. You’ll find all this and much more at the Parc Samà, a project undertaken by Josep Fontserè Mestres
, who created Barcelona’s Parc de la Ciutadella, in association with Antoni Gaudí
The park is a place that continued Gaudí’s exceptional designs: caves, walkways and benches that remind us of rocks, conches
and branches, painstakingly crafted to resemble a landscape.
Gaudí worked here on the wrought iron details, ceramics, wood and glass, which later became his primary materials. At the Parc Samà he explored the art of bringing together different styles, perhaps to develop the eclectic style that was to become his personal hallmark in the future.What does your booking include?
- Entrance to the Parc Samà during opening hours.
- from 1st February to 14th March; Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 2pm and from 3pm to 6pm.
- 20th and 21st March, from 10am to 2pm and from 3pm to 7pm.
- from 26th to 31st March, daily (except Monday), from 10am to 2pm and from 3pm to 7pm.
- from 1st April to 20th June, daily (except Monday), from 10am to 2pm and from 3pm to 8pm.
- from 22nd June to 30th June, daily (except Monday), from 10am to 2pm and from 3pm to 9pm.
: Parc Samà. Carretera de Vinyols, s/n, 43850 Cambrils.Public Transport
: buses from Barcelona www.empresaplana.cat. Barcelona -Cambrils line.
- Free admission children under 7 years old.
- The park is accessible for visitors with reduced mobility, with the exception of the viewing point towers.
- The family ticket is valid for 2 adults and their children uo to 16 years old.
Customer services provider: MONUMENTA