A wander through the actress'life and a visit to the Monastery, with one of the best cloisters in Europe.
Visit the only museum in Europe dedicated to Marilyn Monroe
. Wander through the actress' life through her personal objects, unpublished and mythical photographs, the most complete library in the world and even a few locks of her hair.
From the rooftop, a statue of Marilyn observes a magnificent view of the monastic complex.
And it's time to penetrate into the history and architecture of the Royal Monastery of Sant Cugat. The audio guide will reveal the most powerful monastery in the county of Barcelona and highlight one of the best cloisters in Europe, thanks to the artistic quality of its 144 capitals, all diferent
.What does your booking include?
- Admission to Marilyn Monroe Museum.
- Admission to Sant Cugat Benedictine Monastery and audioguide hire for over 16s.
- Visit to the cloisters: Tuesday to Saturday: 10.30am-1.30pm and 4pm-7pm. From 1st June to 30th September: 10.30am-1.30pm and 5pm-8pm. Sunday and public holidays 10.30am-2.30pm.
- Visit to the church: Tuesday to Sunday and public holidays: 9am-12 noon and 6pm-8pm.
- Marilyn Museum:
- From May to September: from Tuesday to Friday, from 10.30am a 2.30pm / de 5pm to 8.45pm. Saturdays and holidays, from 10.30am to 3pm / from 5pm to 8.30pm. Sundays, from 10.30am to 3pm.
- From October to Abril: from Tuesday to Friday from 10.30 a 2.30pm/ from 5 to 8pm. Saturdays and holidays, from 10.30am to 3pm / from 5pm to 8pm. Sundays, from 10.30am to 3pm.
: English, Catalan, Spanish, and French.Addresses
How to get there
- Sant Cugat Monastery: plaça Octavià.
- Marilyn Museum: Casa-Museu Cal Gerrer. c/ de Santiago Rusiñol, 60.
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC); Lines S1, S2, S5, S55. Trains every 5 minutes from Barcelona (pl. Catalunya or Provença). Sant Cugat station.
- Car: AP-7 Sud Barcelona - Tarragona - Castellón - València. / AP- Nord Girona - França. / AP-2 Barcelona - Lleida - Zaragoza. / C16, E9: Vallvidrera tunnels, direct to Barcelona in 10min. / By road you can cross the Collserola Natural Park by la Rabassada road and Vallvidrera road and arrive to Sant Cugat from Barcelona.
Customer services provider: AJUNTAMENT DE SANT CUGAT