You'll discover the secrets of the fishermen with a guided tour of the Guild building and enjoy a seafood menu made with fish from the Barceloneta.
The guided tour of the Barcelona Fishermen's Guild
will tell you about the history of Barcelona's fishermen, their origins, the fishing techniques they use and their lifestyle. You'll see how they come in to port with their ships and, if you're in luck, you'll be able to chat to them in the yard where the landing nets are kept.
At the Xup Xup restaurant you’ll be able to sample the seafood menu see menu
or a selection of tapas see tapas
, depending on your choice. Afterwards, you’ll visit the wholesale fish market where Xup Xup buys its fish. You’ll find out how the market is run and the fish are auctioned.What does your booking include?:
Depending on the chosen option:
- Guided tour of the Fishermen's Guild by marine biologists.
- Guided tour of the Fishermen's Guild by marine biologists + tasting seafood menu.
- Guided tour of the Fishermen's Guild by marine biologists + tasting seafood tapas.
: from Monday to Friday (Tuesday only Fishermen's Guild visit).
- 8am to 10am or 3.30pm to 5pm Fishermen's Guild visit.
- 1.30pm Seafood menu + 3.30pm to 5pm Fishermen's Guild visit.
- 2pm Seafood tapas + Fishermen's Guild visit.
: from 3rd March to 2nd April.Language
: English, Catalan, Spanish, French and Italian.Length
: 2 hours Fishermen's Guild guided visit; 4 hours Fishermen's Guild visit + lunch.Meeting point
- Guided visit at 8am and 3.30pm at the Fishermen's Guild: Fishermen's Guild entrance. Moll de Pescadors, s/n. Bus 39 and V15.
- Seafood menu (1.30pm) or Seafood tapas (2pm): Restaurant Xup Xup. Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta. Bus: 45, 59 and D20.
- Ask at the moment of the booking for celiac-free and vegetarian options.
- You will need to bring ID or your passport.
Customer services provider: CONFRARIA DE PESCADORS DE BARCELONA