Enjoy a unique experience with Artcava. You'll travel by train from Barcelona to the heart of the wine-growing region of El Penedés, where an expert guide will take you through the vineyards and the small winery. You'll taste a 100% artisan cava and make your own bottle of this famous Catalan sparkling wine.
You'll start the day with a train ride, guided by an expert in the history and geography of El Penedés. Once there, you'll visit the vineyards, the facilities and the historic winery. You'll taste three types of cava
, and try your hand at disgorging a bottle. After you've visited the wine-making room and chosen the bottle you like the best, you'll make your own cava with your own hands
. You'll disgorge the bottle, put on the label, put in the cork, attach the metal capsule and take it home with you as a memento of an unforgettable day.
Artcava is an initiative of three young men who decided to promote wine tourism from a more modern perspective based on 'slow travel'. To do so they revived a family tradition dating back to 1730. What does your booking include?
- Professional guide who knows the area and the world of wine and cava.
- Train ride during which the guide will tell you about the wine-producing tradition in Catalonia.
- Cava tasting.
- Tour of the winery and the 10th-century estate house, Can Batlle.
- Creation of your own bottle of cava which you can take home with you.
: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 8.45am-2.30pm (round trip).Languages
: English, Catalan and Spanish.Meeting point
: steps of the Tourist Information Point plaça Catalunya 17-S. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Rodalies Renfe: Catalunya.
- We recommend you bring your video camera, camera or a good mobile phone to take photos or videos of the experience.
- Minimum numbers per group, two people.
Customer services provider: CELLER CAN BATLLE SCP