Built in the Catalan Gothic style, Santa Maria del Pi is the basilica with the largest rose window in Catalonia.
The emblematic church of Santa Maria del Pi together with Riosta Barcelona invite you to discover the highest medieval tower in the city, located in the heart of La Rambla.
Because of its 54 metres of height it became the best watchtower of the historical city since the moment of its construction.
After visiting the inside of the church and taking a look at its most emblematic elements: like the rose window – the biggest rose window in Catalonia- you will enter into the tower and you will be able to understand its history and gaze at its impressive structure. From the highest point of the bell tower, with the city at your feet, you will see a unique view
of the mountains that surround Barcelona, the port and all the monuments and buildings that stand out from the rooftops of the city. The cost of your visit directly contributes to the charitable restoration of the Basilica del Pi.
You'll also discover the "Gegants del Pi"
, giant figures first documented in 1601 which are probably the oldest in Catalonia. They are particularly popular with children as they are the subject of a well-known children's song.What does your booking include?
According to your choosen option:
- Basilica and the bell tower guided visit.
- Basilica Admission.
- Guided visit basilica + bell tower: from Monday to Sunday at noon and 1pm. Saturday and Sunday at 3pm and 4pm.
- Basilica admission: from Monday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
: 1/1, 6/1, 25/12, 26/12 and 12/5.Languages
: Catalan and English or Spanish and English.Meeting point
: Basilica Santa Maria del Pi information desk. plaça del Pi, 7. Metro: L3, Liceu stop and L4, Jaume I stop. Buses: 14 and 59. FCC, Catalunya stop.
- You must arrive to the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
- The visit to the bell tower is forbidden for children under 7 or people with respiratory, heart, mobility problems or vertigo.
- Reduced admission for young people aged 7 to 16, students and the over 65s. A proof must be provided when purchasing a reduced ticket.
- Free admission 0 to 6 years.
- Not adapted visit, stairs must be climbed.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- For security reasons, Riosta reserves the right of cancelling an event due to bad weather.
Customer services provider: BASÍLICA DE SANTA MARIA DEL PI