Wine and Cava
Discover the top wineries in the Penedès!
Do you want to find out, first hand, how different varieties of wine and cava are produced? Do you want to take part in a tasting session and pair the wines with cheeses and other Catalan produce? Hop on board the wine and cava bus and pay a visit to some of the most renowned wineries in the Penedès region.
- This tour gives you a first-hand insight into how the different varieties of wine and cava are produced, and also offers tastings of different wines.
- Depending on the season of the year, you can taste the grapes straight from the vine or the wine aged in the barrel at the Jean Leon winery. At the Torres winery, you’ll be able to pair three wines with three typical Catalan cheeses. To end this wonderful experience, Freixenet invites you to an aperitif with typical produce from the zone, as well as a tour of its winery.
- Fully equipped coaches.
- A courier travels on board throughout the trip.
- Tours run:
- From 1st january to 22nd march: Thursday and Sunday.
- From 23rd march to 8th november: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- From 9th november to 14th march 2016: Thursday and Sunday.
- Closed: 25/12, 26/12, 1/1 and 6/1.
- Departs at 8.30am from Plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés). Passengers should arrive 20 minutes before the coach departs. See map
- Arrival back in Barcelona at 4.15pm (Plaça de Catalunya).
- Itinerary: Barcelona-Bodegues Jean Leon (winery)-Bodegues Torres (winery)-Caves Freixenet (winery)-Barcelona.
- The ticket includes:
- Guided tour and tasting of different wines at Jean Leon Winery.
- Guided tour and combined tasting (cheeses and wines) at Bodegues Torres.
- Guided tour, tasting of different cavas and brunch at Caves Freixenet.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Audioguide system in 10 languages for sale on board: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian. The same audioguide system is valid for all three routes and has an extra charge of 5€. The audioguide is not recommended for English, Spanish and Catalan speakers.
Business providing the service: CATALUNYA BUS TURISTIC UTE
 932 853 832
Additional information to purchase the ticket
- Children aged 0-8, free.
- The audioguide is not recommended for English, Spanish and catalan speakers.