Come and spend a day in Caldes d'Estrac and visit the Fundació Palau art collection, which features works by Picasso, and enjoy the mineral-rich, medicinal and therapeutic properties of the waters in this spa town.
Caldes d'Estrac is home to two treasures: the Fundació Palau permanent collection that features works by such extraordinary artists as Picasso, Tàpies, Miró
and Torres Garcia, and the hot springs with their healing, therapeutic waters that flow continuously at a temperature of 38°.
The Fundació Palau was founded by the poet Josep Palau i Fabre, and is the second museum in Catalonia with the most works by Picasso
after Barcelona. The Estimat Picasso
gallery showcases a permanent exhibition of some 70 works by the artist, who was a great friend of Palau i Fabre. The collection also contains works by artists such as Isidre Nonell, Pau Gargallo, Miquel Barceló and Perejaume.
After the guided tour of the Fundació Palau you'll be able to enjoy a health and well-being session at the spa, beginning in the hot springs pool and ending in the hydrotherapy bath. Relaxation and comfort are guaranteed!. What does your booking include?
- Admission to the Fundació Palau museum.
- Health and well-being session at the Caldes d'Estrac Spa.
Fundació Palau opening times
- Winter (19th September to 30th July ): Tuesday and Wednesday, 10.30am-2pm. Thursday to Saturday, 10.30am-2pm and 4pm-6pm. Sunday and public holidays, 10.30am-2pm.
- Summer (1st July to 15th September): Tuesday to Saturday, 11am-2pm and 4pm-8pm. Sunday and public holidays, 11am-2pm.
: 1/1, 6/1, 25/12 and 26/12.Address
: Fundació Palau. C/ Riera, 54. Caldes d'Estrac.Caldes d'Estrac spa opening times
: from Monday to Saturday: 9:30am to 2pm / 4pm to 8pm. Sunday: 10am to 2pm.Health and well-being session length
: 45 min.Address
: c/ Riera, 29. Caldes d’Estrac.How to get there
- By train: line R1 serving the Maresme (Renfe).
- By car: N-II Barcelona-Girona coastal road. C-32 motorway (exit 108).
- Admission is free for the under 6s and there is reduced admission for students, senior citizens, the unwaged and people with disabilities).
- The museum is adapted for people with reduced mobility.
Customer services provider: FUNACIÓ PALAU