We invite you go on a pleasant e-bike trail that will take you to the Collserola Natural Park and its iconic farmhouses and through the Torre Negra Rural Park. A trip that will end in the best way possible: with a visit to the town's monastery and historic centre.
Collserola is Sant Cugat's great natural treasure. This immense park offers a whole host of possibilities for lovers of nature
and a healthy lifestyle.
You can also enjoy Collserola on an e-bike! This bike trail will take you on a circular route through fields and pine and holm oak forests. You'll pass by the farmhouses of Can Codina, Can Coll and Can Borrell, and you'll go through the Torre Negra Natural Park. A GPS system will tell you which way to go and the audioguide will tell you about the history and curiosities of your current location.
The activity includes a visit to the Monastery of Sant Cugat
which was founded in the 9th century and is one of the finest examples of medieval art in Catalonia. Its Romanesque cloisters are among the most outstanding and best preserved in Europe, with 144 capitals which are all different
. A veritable jewel with a history dating back more than 1,200 years! What does your booking include?
- Admission to the Royal Monastery of Sant Cugat and audioguide hire for the over 16s. The audioguide will immerse you in the Middle Ages and the history, secrets and legends of this iconic landmark. The audioguide is available in English, Spanish, Catalan and French.
- Self-guided tour of the Collserola Natural Park lasting approximately two hours.
- E-bike hire with audioguide in English, Spanish and Catalan. Child seats and pushchairs are available as well as panniers and GPS devices.
- Discount voucher booklet included (take a look at the discounts). Ask for yours at the tourist office or at the monastery.
SANT CUGAT MONASTERYOpening times
- Visit to the cloisters: Tuesday to Saturday, 10.30am to 1.30pm and 4pm to 7pm. From 1st June to 30th September afternoon opening will be 5pm to 8pm. Sunday and public holidays, 10.30am to 2.30pm.
- Visit to the church: Tuesday to Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 12 noon and 6pm to 8pm.
: Plaça d'Octavià, 1, Sant Cugat.Tel
: 936 759 952.Website
: www.museu.santcugat.catE-BIKE TOUR
E-bikes must be collected and returned to Plaça Lluís Millet, 13 (Plaça de la Estació, by the VIENA bar and the FGC stop). We recommend you begin your tour between 10am and 10.30am. Bikes must be returned before 8pm. VAIC is the company that provides the e-bikes and all the necessary equipment.GETTING TO SANT CUGAT
- By car: the main roads to Sant Cugat are the AP-7 Sur, the AP-7 Nord, the AP-2, the C16 and the Vallvidrera Tunnels (direct from Barcelona in 10 minutes). From the Catalan capital you can also reach the city through the Collserola Natural Park along the Carretera de la Rabassada and the Carretera de Vallvidrera roads.
- By train: Spanish railways suburban rail service (rodalies RENFE) stops in the town and line R8 connects with the international stations Sants and the Estació de França.
- By Catalan rail (FGC): several lines operated by FGC (S1, S2, S5 and S55) connect Barcelona and Sant Cugat and stop at the main stations in the city. The journey time is approximately 20 to 25 minutes.