Come and discover the origins of wine and cava and how they are made on a tour of a family-run winery in the Penedès, and the Oller del Mas winery, housed in a medieval castle.
We invite you to enjoy a tour of two genuine wineries just outside Barcelona.
A comfortable minibus will take you to the Penedès
, where you'll discover the delights of the family winery Ca n'Estella
. After a glass of cava accompanied by the typical delicious caramelised almond chocolates, catànies, you'll be taken on a guided tour of the house, its cellars with their barrels, and vineyards. You'll discover everything about the power of water, the land and air while cava is being made. To end, you'll taste three of its finest cavas and delicious tapas
Next you'll head off to the Pla de Bages
, where you'll discover the famous Oller del Mas winery, located inside a 10th-century medieval castle that was home to the aristocratic Oller family. After a tour of the castle interior and the winery, a tasting of exquisite wines and delicious cheeses
awaits, to round off a great day.What does your booking include?
- Return trip on a comfortable air-conditioned coach or minibus.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Tour of the Ca n'Estella winery with welcoming tasting of cava and catànies.
- English guided tour of the estate and tasting of three of the best-known cavas and tapas.
- Guided tour of the Oller del Mas winery, including the production plant, castle and vineyards.
- Tasting of three of its prestigious wines and traditional cheeses.
: from Monday to Sunday, from 12.30pm to 7pm.Length
: 4 hours and 30 minuts.Closed
: 1/1, 5/1, 6/1, 27/4, 13/12, 14/12, 24/12, 25/12 and 31/12.Language
: English.Meeting point
: plaça Catalunya (in front of the Hard Rock Café). Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya. FGC: Catalunya. Rodalies Renfe: Catalunya.
- The guide will be holding a bright-pink umbrella to make it easier to spot him/her.
- We recommend you arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the arranged time.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off and gratuities are not included.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothes and footwear.
Customer services provider: CASTLE EXPERIENCE