You can't be in a hurry if you want to visit Poblet. That's why this activity is one of the best ways to enjoy the seclusion and silence of this medieval ensemble set among vines and pine forests. What's more, the night sky, seen from the cloisters, is simply spectacular!
At Poblet you'll be able to enjoy a unique star gazing experience as well as the peace and quiet that pervades the entire monastery complex, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
. Poblet is one of the biggest and most complete Cistercian monasteries
in existence today; it is a world of shapes, traditions and symbols where the light plays against the stone as the visitor approaches.
In addition to exploring this majestic complex, you'll also be able to sample the delights of monastic cuisine
and the clarity of the night sky.
The activity includes a dinner created with the most demanding palates in mind and an introduction to astronomy
with the scientist and educator Alexandre Español. After your meal, you'll be able to observe the night sky through a telescope and discover the different constellations and the myths associated with them, as well as the way they have been interpreted by different civilisations throughout history.
After a night's sleep at the monastery
hotel, the Hostatgeria de Poblet, and a tasty breakfast, the activity continues with a guided tour
of the monastery. If you have visited recently, you'll also have the chance to stroll at your leisure through the woods and explore the countryside of the Conca de Barberà.What does your booking include?:
- Welcome glass of cava.
- Talk about the sky at Poblet: What do we see when we look at the sky?
- Dinner with a tasting menu consisting of monastic dishes with a contemporary twist. See menu
- Star gazing with the naked eye and through a telescope.
- One night's accommodation at the Hostatgeria de Poblet.
- Guided visit of Poblet Monastery.
- April to October (30/4, 1/5, 28/5, 29/5, 18/6, 19/6, 2/7, 3/7, 30/7, 31/7, 20/8, 21/8, 24/9, 25/9, 24/10 and 25/10). From Saturday at 8.15pm to Sunday at 1pm.
- November to mars (19/11, 20/11, 17/12 and 18/12). From Saturday at 6.45pm to Sunday at 1pm.
approximate 15 hours.Language:
English, Catalan and Spanish.Meeting point:
Reception of the Hostatgeria de Poblet, next to the monastery. Plaça de la Corona d’Aragó, 11.Vimbodí i Poblet (Tarragona).Free parking for hotel guests.
Customer services provider: STERNALIA