Come to Sant Sadurní d'Anoia, the world cava capital, just 40 km from Barcelona, for a mouthwatering experience of exclusive and delicious tastings. Feed your body and spirit as you savour the world of cava and chocolate!
The Centre d'Interpretació del Cava is housed in a former distillery that produced wine-based spirits built in 1814. There's no better place to discover the origins of Catalonia's sparkling wine
, cava, the history of the vines, its architecture, the people at the centre of the wine industry and the spirit of celebration.
You'll be able to use the touch-screen tables to find out about the history of cava in depth. You'll have fun with the augmented reality game about phylloxera and a 3D audiovisual about cava. You'll enjoy a multisensory experience with a large-format audiovisual
shown inside the winery. And, of course, you'll end the tour with a glass of cava!
At the Espai Xocolata Simon Coll you'll enter the sweet world of chocolate. You'll experiment with, sample, smell and be able to experience chocolate through sensations. You'll smell the aromas of the freshly roasted cocoa beans, take a tour of the production line where you'll see chocolate being made, watch an audiovisual that will tell you about the origins of cocoa and experiment with cocoa pods and beans. Finally, you'll take part in a guided tasting of different types of chocolate.What does your booking include?
- Guided tour of the Centre d'Interpretació del Cava and cava tasting.
- Guided tour of the Espai Xocolata Simón Coll and chocolate tasting.
: both centres are open all year round, Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 2pm and from 4pm to 6pm. Sunday and holidays from 10am to 2pm.Closed
: 1/1, 6/1, 1/5, 24/6, 11/9, 1/11, 25/12 and 26/12.Lenguage
: English, Catalan and Spanish.Length
: 2 hours and 30 minutes.Meeting point
: CIC Fassina, Centre d'Interpretació del Cava, c/ de l'Hospital 23, Sant Sadurní d'Anoia.How to get there
- By train: Renfe suburban rail (cercanías/rodalies) line R4 (Manresa - Vilafranca del Penedès - St. Vicenç de Calders) from Pl. Catalunya to Sant Sadurní d'Anoia station. Journey time: 45 minutes.
- By road: AP7 Barcelona – Tarragona motorway, exit 27 (Sant Sadurní d'Anoia); or the N-340 Barcelona - Valencia, exit BP-2427, and continue towards Sant Sadurní d'Anoia. Distance: 40km from Barcelona and 30km from Tarragona.
- Please phone the tourist office in Sant Sadurní d'Anoia: 938 913 188 at least 24 hours in advance, to check times and availability of guided tours.
Customer services provider: AJUNTAMENT DE SANT SADURNÍ D'ANOIA