If you like nature, spirituality and cultural tours, don't hesitate any longer: spend a morning on a tour of Montserrat. A natural park, a Benedictine monastery, a shrine to spirituality and an icon of Catalan culture. All rolled into one!
The Montserrat Massif stands just 60 km outside Barcelona in a natural park formed by a series of diverse rocky outcrops moulded by the wind and rain.
Since its foundation, the monastery at Montserrat has given shelter to pilgrims and visitors from around the world. And it still welcomes visitors every day who, like you, have travelled from Barcelona. You'll have time to visit the basilica where you'll see the image of the Virgin of Montserrat
, the "Moreneta", so-called because of the dark colour of her skin. The figure is a polychrome Romanesque carving dating from the 12th century.
If you want to explore a unique natural park, why not take a tour of the holy mountain of Montserrat?
What does your booking include?
- Travel in an air-conditioned bus.
- Official multilingual guide.
- Tasting of four typical liqueurs.
- Admission to the "Montserrat audiovisual exhibit".
- Trips daily throughout the year, except 25th December and 1st January.
- Departures at 9.15am from the Julià Travel office. (Carrer Balmes 5).
- Bus arrives back in Barcelona at 2.30pm at the departure point.
- Trips in English from Monday to Sunday; in French on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday; in Spanish on Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Extra trips in Spanish on Wednesday from 1st November to 31st March and in German from 1st April to 31st October.
Customer services provider: JULIÀ TRAVEL