Would you like to visit Barcelona in a different way? Don’t miss out on the latest City Running and Sight Running tours and discover Barcelona on three suggested routes while you enjoy your favourite sport.
An experienced guide and trainer will take you on three different tours at a pace that is comfortable for you. They will take you to Barcelona’s main tourist, cultural, historic and architectural landmarks while you keep fit and take photos.
Gothic Quarter and Old Town
: you’ll explore 8 km of cobbled streets (the tour lasts between 75 and 95 minutes), through ancient Barcino, past medieval palaces and the splendour of the Gothic churches. The guide will take you around the port, the Born and Raval districts, as far as the Parc de La Ciutadella.
Gaudí and Modernisme
: an 8 km route through the streets of the Eixample district where you’ll be able to admire the beautiful buildings and architectural features of Catalonia’s home-grown art nouveau movement.
Olympic City and Montjuïc
: a 13 km route (between 100 and 115 minutes) through the Olympic city on Montjuïc hill. As you go up the hill you’ll see such iconic landmarks as the Palau Nacional, the Poble Espanyol, the Fundació Joan Miró and the Olympic Ring, until you reach Montjuïc Castle at the top which boasts fantastic views of Barcelona.
What does your booking include?
- Leaflet describing the tourist landmarks visited.
- Souvenir photograph.
- Civil liability insurance.
: Plaça Universitat 12 (in front of the Bar Estudiantil).
Nearest public transport
: Metro L1 and L2, Universitat station. | Bus, 14, 24, 41, 55, 59, 67, 68 and 141.
The Gothic Quarter tour: Monday and Wednesday at 10am throughout the year.
The Modernisme tour: Tuesday at 6.30pm and Friday at 10am from April to October; November to March on Tuesday and Friday at 4pm.
The Olympic Barcelona and Montjuïc tour: Saturday and Thursday at 6.30pm from April to October; and November to April on Saturday and Thursday at 4pm.
- Please arrive at the departure point five minutes before the tour commences.
- Small groups of up to 6 runners.
- Under 14s must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Tours don’t run on 1st January, 24th, 25th and 26th December.
- Tours are available in German if you pre-book by calling 932 853 832.
- Please bring water or a soft drink and wear running shoes and sports clothing. In summer, we recommend you wear sunscreen.
Customer services provider: RUNNING TOURS BARCELONA - SIGHTRUNNING