Barcino, the charm and mystery of the city by night. See the old town when it's quiet. The old town reveals its history by evoking the Roman city and medieval era.
Architour takes you on an intimate, sensorial tour where architecture converges with the phenomenon of the city and intertwines with history, art, sociology and culture in general.
The route explores the main landmarks in the Gothic Quarter and the historic districts of the oldest, and most beautiful, part of town…a truly meaningful place.
The buildings: Santa Maria del Pi
, which represents the pared-down beauty of Catalan Gothic architecture; Santa Anna
, a hidden medieval gem; the powerful Cathedral
; and the noble and imposing Palau Reial, speak to us about their eventful past. The squares, including Sant Felip Neri
, where time seems to have stood still, the plaça Reial
, and iconic thoroughfares, such as the vibrant Rambla, express textures and stories that remain very much alive. Iconic places such as the Jewish Quarter also reflect Barcelona's vast cultural wealth.
This immersion in the city is an enriching experience designed for travellers to contemplate and explore Barcelona's most beautiful and time-honoured architectural landmarks while they wait for midnight. What does your booking include?
- Option A: A book containing all the information about the route, with photos and a bibliography. The tour ends with a drink on the roof terrace of a hotel with amazing panoramic views of Barcelona at night and the places you have visited. 3-hour guided tour.
- Option B: The book in digital format sent by email. Guided tour lasting 2h 30 mins.
- Guided tour for small groups led by architects.
- In English: Thursday and Saturday at 7pm.
- In Catalan and Spanish: Friday at 7pm.
: English, Catalan and Spanish.Meeting point
: Canaletas fountain, at the top of La Rambla. Metro: L3 and L1 Catalunya stop. Bus: 9, 14, 16, 17, 41, 42, 55, 59, 91 and 141.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour commences.
Customer services provider: ARCHITOUR