Do you want to visit the settings for two novels that have captivated thousands of readers? You can’t miss these two literary trails that take you on a journey through the magical Barcelona of “The Shadow of the Wind” and the fantastical Barcelona of “The Cathedral of the Sea”.
Here are two literary trails with Barcelona as the main character.
The first is the Barcelona of ‘The Shadow of the Wind’, which will take you to the places frequented by the Sempere family and Julián Carax: the Rambla de Santa Mònica, the Plaça Reial, Carrer del Call, Baixada de la Llibreteria, the magnificent Santa Maria del Mar and ending on the Passeig de la Bonanova. You’ll be captivated by the charms of the settings for the book which will make you feel like one of the central characters while you explore the places steeped in the magic of Barcelona at the turn of the 20th century and enjoy the guide’s descriptions.
The second trail is ‘The Cathedral of the Sea’. You’ll visit the different settings that formed the backdrop to this novel which still retain elements of the feudal era 700 years later.
The tour begins in the Plaça Nova, and the guide will take you through the Barcelona of the 14th century, an era when the city was at the height of its prosperity and the inhabitants decided to build the best-known Marian church, Santa Maria del Mar, with their own money and efforts.
Let the pages come to life on these two amazing literary trails…
Your booking includes
- Tour lasting two and a half hours led by a professional guide.
- The departure point for the ‘Shadow of the Wind Trail’, is Rambla Sta. Mònica, 9.
- Departures every Saturday at 5pm from October to May and at 6pm from June to September.
- Languages: English and Spanish.
- Nearest public transport: Metro L3, Drassanes station. Buses 14, 59, 91 and 120. Barcelona Bus Turístic, Colom-Museu Marítim stop.
- The departure point for the ‘Cathedral of the Sea Trail’, is Santa Maria del Mar.
- Tours run every Sunday departing at 10am.
- Languages: English, Catalan and Spanish.
- Nearest public transport: Metro L4, Jaume I station. Bus 17, 39, 45, 51, 120 and V17. Barcelona Bus Turístic, Pla de Palau station.
- Departures guaranteed for both tours. Places are limited.
- Tours are free for under 8s.
- Tours run by: Icono serveis culturals.
Customer services provider: ICONO SERVEIS CULTURALS