Tour of Caves Freixenet
Wine tourism in the Penedès
The Freixenet winery is located in the heart of the Penedès region, in the town of Sant Sadurní (about 45km from Barcelona). This family-run firm has become one of the world’s biggest-selling producers of sparkling wine and the leading brand in Spain.
Freixenet currently owns wineries in some of the world’s most important wine-growing areas and its products are exported to more than 150 countries.
- The tour of Caves Freixenet will allow you to discover the traditions and culture of the wonderful world of cava.
- The tour of Caves Freixenet includes:
- An audiovisual exhibit about the history of Freixenet (10 min).
- Guided tour of the winery built in 1922, where you’ll be able to learn about the cava-making process and how to serve and store it.
- Tour of the winery dating from the 1970s and 80s on a miniature train.
- A glass of cava (grape juice for children) and the opportunity to taste other products from the range as well as different snacks*.
* As an option, tastings can be accompanied by an assortment of cold meats, sausage and cheeses.
- Visit to the shop “Dolors Ferrer by Freixenet”, where you’ll be able to choose products from different regions of the world as well as a wide range of merchandise associated with the Freixenet brand.
- Languages: English and Spanish.
- Times of tour*:
- Monday to Saturday - Morning: at 12 noon in Spanish and 12.30pm in English.
- Saturday and Sunday - Morning: at 11am in English and 12.00pm in Spanish.
*On public holidays, the tour in English will be at 11am and in Spanish at 12 noon.
- Closed: 12 october and from 23rd to 31st Desember 2013.
- Length of tour: 1 hour 30 minutes approximately.
- Price: The tour is free for the under 8s.
- Address of Caves Freixenet: Joan Sala, 2 – Sant Sadurní d’Anoia (Penedès).
- How to get there: By car: from the AP-7 and AP-2 motorways, exit 27 - Sant Sadurní d’Anoia (40km from Barcelona and 30km from Tarragona). | By train: from Barcelona-Sants and Barcelona Plaça Catalunya stations, line 4 of RENFE suburban rail (Rodalies RENFE) in the direction of Vilafranca del Penedès/Sant Vicenç de Calders, Sant Sadurní d’Anoia station (Journey time: 45 minutes)*.
* The entrance to Caves Freixenet is located 50 metres from the railway station.
Business providing the service: Freixenet SA
 932 853 832
By train: from Barcelona-Sants and Barcelona Plaça Catalunya stations, line 4 of RENFE suburban rail (Rodalies RENFE) in the direction of Vilafranca del Penedès/Sant Vicenç de Calders, Sant Sadurní d’Anoia station (Journey time: 45 minutes)*.