Montserrat Scenic Walking Tour
Mount Montserrat Natural Park on foot
Scenic Walking Barcelona offers you this complete itinerary that will help you understand how Mount Montserrat has become a symbol around the world; a place where spirituality, nature and history come together. During the tour, you’ll be able to enjoy the matchless geology of the mountain and its peculiar landforms that make it a haven for walkers.
- Medium-difficulty route. We adapt ourselves to suit your pace, while a professional guide explains every detail about the mountain and its history.
- Route: ascent to the belvedere of Sant Jeroni where you’ll be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the interior of the massif and neighbouring counties. We’ll visit some of the famous hermitages on the mountain and, at the end of the walk, we’ll visit the thousand-year-old monastery of Montserrat and see the Virgin of Montserrat, popularly known as “ La Moreneta”, or Black Madonna.
- Language: English, Catalan and Spanish.
- Maximum 20 people per group.
- Times: all year round from Monday to Saturday at 8.30am.
- Closed: 25th December, 1st and 6th January.
- Length of tour: 4 hours, plus 2 hours 30 minutes travel.
- The ticket includes:
- Cost of public transport to Montserrat.
- Guided walking tour.
- Accident insurance.
- Water and snacks.
- Meeting point: by the ticket office at the Catalan Rail - FGC station, Plaça Espanya, opposite the platform for line R5 to Manresa.
- Necessary equipment: comfortable walking shoes (no flip-flops).
- With the support of: Unió Excursionista de Catalunya.
Business providing the service: Gomis Natura SL
 932 853 832