More than a century and a half of history
Located in the historic centre of Barcelona, the Hotel España is a little architectural gem of Catalan art nouveau, modernisme.
More pictures: 1-2-3-4-5
- You can now go on a guided tour of the hotel tracing its 150-year history:
- When it opened in 1859 under the name Fonda España.
- The renovation by the celebrated architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner in the early 20th century, with the collaboration of Eusebi Arnau and Ramon Casas.
- Its recognition by Barcelona City Council when, in 1904, it awarded the hotel its Diploma of Honour as the best establishment decorated in the artistic-ornamental style.
- The 2010 renovation project which has recaptured the spirit that Domènech i Montaner intended for the hotel.
- If you feel like a meal, you can stay on for lunch and sample the menu at the Fonda restaurant which is managed by the world-renowned, Michelin-starred chef, Martín Berasategui.
- Times: Monday to Friday at 12.15pm and 4.30pm.
- Length of tour: 40 minutes.
- Languages: English, Catalan, Spanish.
- Small groups of up to 15 people.
- Address: Sant Pau, 9-11. Metro L3, Liceu station. Bus 14, 59 and 91.
Business providing the service: Hotelcon 96 SL
Purchase on-line or call 932 853 832
If you have any question during the purchase, please call us!
 932 853 832
 932 853 832