Gran Gala Flamenco
The thrilling world of gypsy dance
A show that will take the audience through a combination of sensations, rhythms and movements that define the art of flamenco. You can see the show at the Teatre Poliorama, in the heart of Barcelona’s Rambla, and at the Palau de la Música (Petit Palau), a World Heritage building.
- Flamenco was born in Andalusia in the 18th century as a way of expressing the most intense moments in the celebration of life. In 2010, it was awarded “Intangible Cultural Heritage” status by UNESCO.
- You’ll be able to discover the intense passion of the gypsy people across the ages through the different rhythms or “palos” (Fandango, Seguidilla, Alegría, Bulería, Tarantos, Guajira…).
- The show features the new generation of Catalan flamenco performers who are having a major impact on the Spanish performing arts scene. They represent a perfect fusion of strength, music, spirit and dance in all their facets, which have always epitomised the very heart of the Spanish tradition. See program
- Dates and times (June 2013):
- Palau de la Música: 5th, 9th, 13rd, 18th, 23rd and 30th, at 9.30pm.
- Dates and times (July 2013):
- Palau de la Música: 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th, at 9.30pm.
- Teatro Poliorama: 17th, at 7pm.
- Dates and times (August 2013):
- Palau de la Música: 3rd, 10th and 17th, at 9.30pm.
- Teatre Poliorama: La Rambla 115. Metro L1 or L3 – Plaça de Catalunya. Bus: 14, 18, 38 & 59.
- Palau de la Música Catalana: Palau de la Música, 4-6. Metro: L1 or L4 – Urquinaona. Bus: 17, 19, 40 & 45. Barcelona Bus Turístic.
- Petit Palau: Palau de la Música, 4-6. Metro: L1 or L4 – Urquinaona. Bus: 17, 19, 40 & 45. Barcelona Bus Turístic.
Plan of the venue
Business providing the service: Daniela Eventi y Spettacoli SL
 932 853 832