Civil War Tour
Experience the city’s wartime history
The Spanish Civil War in Barcelona Tour visits some of the key areas of the city between 1936-1939. We will discuss subjects such as anarchism, the bombing raids and George Orwell.
More pictures: 1-2-3-4-5
- After the defeat of the military coup in July 1936, Barcelona experienced a unique libertarian revolution that was crushed just 10 months later, as Orwell described so brilliantly in Homage to Catalonia.
- Barcelona was one of the first cities in the world to be bombed systematically and the first to build large numbers of air-raid shelters, some of which still survive today.
- Themes covered: The 1936 People’s Olympiad, the defeat of the military uprising, the libertarian revolution and the militia, the realities of daily life, the “May Riots”, George Orwell, Stalinism in Barcelona and the bombing of Barcelona.
- Plaça Catalunya.
- Les Rambles.
- Canaletes fountain.
- Church of Betlem.
- Plaça del Pi.
- Plaça Sant Felip Neri.
- Language: english.
- Length of tour: 3 hours.
- Dates and times: Saturdays, 10am-1pm.
- Groups maximum 10 people.
- Meeting place: Plaça Catalunya, 1 (in front of the Café Zurich). Metro L1 & L3: Plaça Catalunya. Train RENFE (Spanish Rail): Catalunya. Bus: 9, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28, 41, 42, 55, 58, 67, 68, 100, 101 & 141. FGC (Catalan Rail), L6 & L7: Catalunya.
Business providing the service: Lloyd, Nicholas John
Purchase on-line or call 932 853 832
If you have any question during the purchase, please call us!
 932 853 832
 932 853 832